Our original article, which is essentially identical, was posted here on April 23.
The Center on AlertNet: Migration, militias, coups and climate change in Mali
May 16, 2012 by Francesco Femia & Caitlin Werrell
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
AboutThe Center for Climate and Security explores the security risks of climate change.
TopicsAfrica Arctic China climate-security climate and conflict climate and security climate change climate migration conflict drought energy energy security military national security resiliency risk security stability threat multiplier U.S. Department of Defense United Nations United States UN Security Council vulnerability water
- RT @ASD_SharonBurke: Commitment to #energy innovation is "how we meet the security challenges that face this country" go.usa.gov/TuD9_ 3 days ago
- Arctic Council Adds 6 Nations as Observer States, Including China nyti.ms/15M8D77_ 3 days ago
- @MitchGins @tomfriedman And here's Tom Friedman's piece from 2012 - The Other Arab Spring nytimes.com/2012/04/08/opi…_ 3 days ago
- Secretary Kerry Declares Climate Change a “Fundamental Security Issue”
- White House Releases National Strategy for the Arctic Region
- Friedman On Water and Climate Security in Yemen
- Is Climate Change Driving a New South Pacific Security Architecture?
- A Number for Your National Security Risk Assessments: 400