Please see below a call for nominations for speakers and participants at the UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (WCDRR), taking place 14-18 March 2015 in Sendai, Japan. Important dates to note are Monday, 22 December, the deadline for applications to participate in the civil society Selection Committee and Wednesday 31 December, the deadline for submission of civil society speaker nominations.
Announcement from the United Nations Non-Governmental Liaison Service (UN-NGLS):
At the request of the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR), the United Nations Non-Governmental Liaison Service (UN-NGLS) is conducting an open process to obtain nominations for a select number of civil society speakers and participants in the official segments of the UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (WCDRR), which will take place 14-18 March 2015 in Sendai, Japan. This process seeks nominations for 2 speakers in high-level multi-stakeholder partnership dialogues, and 5 participants in Ministerial round table discussions. Travel funding for a total of 23 civil society representatives is available through this process.
The objectives of the World Conference are:
- To complete assessment and review of the implementation of the Hyogo Framework for Action;
- To consider the experience gained through the regional and national strategies/institutions and plans for disaster risk reduction and their recommendations as well as relevant regional agreements within the implementation of the Hyogo Framework of Action;
- To adopt a post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction;
- To identify modalities of cooperation based on commitments to implement a post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction;
- To determine modalities to periodically review the implementation of a post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction.
Anyone can nominate representatives of civil society organizations via this process. However, please kindly note: this process is not open to candidates of the corporate private sector.
For complete information about this process, and to submit candidates, please click here:http://bit.ly/WCDRR-nominations
Please sign up to our social media accounts below for updates.
Thank you and best regards,